Monday, December 8, 2008

Six Months

Well it is that time of year, not only the holiday season, but I am just about to my six month mark of being here. It sure hasn’t felt like half a year, but I guess that is a good thing. At the same time, it feels like I should have less then six months left. This does give me a chance to bank some money. Everything I need to pay off I have the money for right now. From here on out all the money goes into the bank for a rainy day or a house.


It has been an interesting six months; I have learned a lot of things. Not only about this career but about life in the military, life in Iraq, and life lessons in general. I’ve discovered how to get along with people I don’t agree with, and people who are simply ignorant of life outside of there town. I have also learned how to get a point across without hurting or belittling anyone’s feelings or ideals. I have become a better ‘people person’ while here. I had trouble going up to someone in a business setting and trying to get an idea across, especially since nine times out of ten it was someone who had at least 30 years of age or experience on me. I can now present myself with poise to an individual or a group without hesitation.


While here I have been introduced to other cultures and ways of life. I have worked with people of different languages and get points across even with that language barrier. (It ends up being a real life game of charades.)


I have educated myself on how to deal with stress, lots of stress (especially right now). I have also revealed to myself how to turn inward for help and come to a logical answer on my own without the help of other, but still have the wisdom to know help from others is a good thing to have at my disposal.


This job has also given me a glimpse to the future on what I may want to do for a living. I now know that the job I take up in the future needs to be one that tests my mind, and challenges me, otherwise I will not find it fulfilling.


WELL, besides all that sappy sentimental stuff up there, things here are going okay. I’m sure most people will not get this far after starting to read the above! I have been working day to day and am waiting on a box with my Christmas presents. I already have two trees, one for the office and one for the Hooch (I have two because they were both gifts). The sunsets seem to become more amazing every day; I have to admit I sometimes pull over into a field to watch them when I get a chance.


My garden doesn’t seem to like the really cold mornings, it seems to be slowly dying, it was pretty cool while it lasted. I am thinking about brining inside my room if I can get my hands on some grow lights and fine some room. The Indian guys have been inspired by my greenness and want to plant things, to bad it is to late in the season.

Well here are some new pictures, enjoy!!!!








Curry, Onions, eggs, red peppers. Eaten with rice and water.


2 comments:

petoskystone said...

after 6 mths in iraq, i think you've earned the right to a little 'sap'. those sunsets are stunning!

azbma said...

You are an amazing human and I'm so glad you are mine. I am proud of you. Hang in there and I promise things will get better. Good guys may finish last, but they finish with the best! Love you Mom