Monday, May 11, 2009

VIP

The other day they had a Health, Safety and Environmental Managers meeting here which game my cousin an opportunity to come to my base. He had to do a 30 minute presentation and the rest of the 2 days we got to hang out. We drove around to different areas so that he could see the progress we are making with our “historical” compliance issues. So essentially we were doing work, but it was fun non-the-less.

He is a funny guy with a good outlook. He has lots of stories to tell and interesting insight in how I should to my traveling. I am really jealous of the work he did in the Bosnia war, after the 2nd year they were allowed to leave base and enjoy life a little more then we get to do here.

We also got to hang out after work, we watched episodes of Seinfeld. It might have been the last chance to see him for the next year or two depending on when he decides to come home for good.

Other interesting news is that I got to see the new Wolverine movie with my buddy at the theater here. It was pretty interesting and I am really looking forward to the Star Trek movie this Friday night. They had the long preview for it before Wolverine and I am excited.

Its 85 degrees and getting warmer every day. The dust is also giving me a hard time, last week I went three days without seeing the sun, let alone sky. I hope the dust storms are light until I leave; they make my nose all funky to the point where food doesn’t taste real good.

The 12th markes the halfway point between the last R&R and this next one. 50 days left baby!

JB doing his thing
Dustage


Testing out a Fire Extinguisher
Going away party for Indian friend






1 comment:

Unknown said...

50 days...it went really fast, and yet it seems like forever. (I know it doesn't make sense) We've had a few really hot days, but it's been chilly- but it's oh so green!