Wednesday, December 24, 2008

USO SHOW

They had a USO show here on base a few days ago, and it is exactly what I needed to cheer up a little. It was a really entertaining and I took lot of video and a few pictures that you’ll see below. I had never been to a show like this before and it was interesting.


They had three country stars, the Army band, some Dolphin cheerleaders, and one of my favorite comedians, Louis CK. The country music was fun for me just because the crowd loved it. They kept asking, “who loves country music?” and every time they did the crowd went wild. All and all it was a great show. I was also lucky enough to have my picture taken with Leeann Tweeden who has been on the cover of FHM, was named the hottest Hooters girl of all time and has been in Playboy. She is also one of the hosts of “The World’s Best Damn Sports Show Period” on Fox. Truthfully I didn’t really know who she was, but I do now! I also got to shake Louis CK’s hand after the show, which was pretty awesome since I love standup. I should have waited in line to do the meet and greet thing, but it was long and I’m not a solider; it would have felt kind of weird.


Tomorrow is Christmas, So Merry Christmas to all! I can’t wait to see how the DFAC is dressed up! I will have lots of pictures her as soon as I take them. I also can’t wait to open my Christmas presents. I will have to wait until Christmas night to open my gifts because I am working all Christmas day. Everyone told me to save that vacation day for some other time since no one does any real work on Christmas. They tell me it ends up being a day everyone comes into work and just hangs out, no real work gets done all day. And besides, if I didn’t come into work I wouldn’t see any of my friends on Christmas. We are also having a small Christmas party here in the office, which the safety department is setting up. KBR Environmental and the safety guys usually don’t hang out, but I hear they are going to give some of our SCW’s certificates for a good job.











2 comments:

petoskystone said...

nice photos:) i am amazed at the discipline (not opening your gifts early). enjoy yourself!

azbma said...

This looks like a good time-and the model is HOT. I sent her just for you! Merry Christmas.