Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring is in the Air

Things here have been busier then ever. My company’s contract is nearing the end and we are doing out best to look good for the new bid. DCMA (the people who inspect us) seem to have the opposite drive. All my areas are doing fine, but they are making up more rules by the hour. This Sunday we have a big meeting for most of the camp. I’m trying not to think of what will come of it. Chances are it will be some crazy off the wall regulation like, “Everyone needs to march or jog when outside, no more walking aloud. Look busy people!”


I have been also trying to get a job for my brother over here, but with this end of contract thing and Iraq shutting down it doesn’t seem to be looking up for him. I am doing my best but I don’t know if things will work out. Only time will tell.


Easter is getting close and I am going to see if I can get off an hour of work or two so I can go to the service. I was lucky enough to get a letter from West Chester. To be honest I was very surprised. Everyone says they are going to send letters but never do. It brightened my day by leaps and bounds!


Here are some pictures of me making a big version of my self water flower box. I used the big yellow thing to mix the dirt, vermiculite, poop, and sand then put it into the box that had been drilled and stoned for drainage. I have a 3 other boxes to do, I really hope things grow well, especially my cantaloupe. 87 days to harvest, 91 days until I’m out of here!

"Home cooked" Indian meal

Tomatos, Cury, onoins, garlic, red pepers, water, sunflower oil

Cook down to a simmer and add whole hard boiled eggs

Serve with rice and enjoy

The guys playing with my camera
Labor crew after a big dig

Mixing soil, poop, sand, ect.
Setting in bottles for irrigation

Add the soil and seeds

1 comment:

petoskystone said...

may you be enjoying your cantaloupe on the flight home :) loved the butterfly shot. inspectors in all fields operate on the assumption that if they can't find something incredibly petty wrong, life isn't worth living.