Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Year.

Today Marks 365 days, or 8760 hours, or 525,600 minutes, or 31,536,000 seconds since my plane took off from Huston on its way here to Iraq. I made it, one year living out here in the Middle East away from friends, family and home. I’d like to take a moment to pat myself on the back *pat….pat*

I really didn’t think I’d make it this far, I figured a few months into it I would have turned home, but I did it. Now all I have to do is ride out my time for 19 days and I’ll be on my way home (in a round about way). I will spend 21 days touring 6 countries in this part of the world and Europe, then fly back to Baghdad for a “debriefing” (turn in my military ID, licenses, keys, secure documents, ect) and then be on my way back home on around the 31st of July. So, for all you back home it will be 47 days until you see me.
In the last year I have learned and experienced more then most people will in a life time. May the next 19 days, 456 hours, 27,360 minutes, or 1,641,600 seconds be as fun, safe, and enlighten as they have been.

BOO-YA

2 comments:

petoskystone said...

whoo-hoo!!! how are the melons?:)

Andrew B. said...

Fail, big Fail. It kinda stinks.