Saturday, June 20, 2009

$urprise $urprise

The other day I was got a call from home telling me that West Chester University was trying to get a hold of me. I figured that I missed a loan payment or something along those lines.

When I get on the phone with the lady I was trying to reach I was pleasantly surprised. It so happens that I was awarded a 2,000 (2Gs) for the fall 2009 semester at West Chester University. BOO-YA. The scholarship comes at even more of a surprise because I never applied for any such honor. The nice lady on the phone told me that each department was asked to nominate one student and it was the student my department picked. The Education Department then went though the names and pick me for this years ‘John Gontar Scholarship.’

How awesome is that? Looks like I don’t have a choice but to come home for this upcoming semester (not that I way toying with the idea of staying or anything like that, ha).

A special thanks to the Prof who nominated me (who I will be buying a dinner when I am home), and to Becca for scanning in the Certificate so I could post it here.


A few days ago I went to the Medic for a small rash that seems to have taken upon the top of my buttock’s crevasse. It is no secret that most of the medics wouldn’t make it past a Boy Scout’s First aid training, let alone anything formal. They are pretty much only good for sick slips and taking your blood pressure.

The Medic looks at my backside and says, “O, its ringworm,” in hopes that I would have no idea what it could be. I informed him that even I knew it looked nothing like ringworm, and then he told me, “Well….It’s like the same thing, Right?”

“Dude, you’re the freaking medic!”

He then rummages though the cabinets looking for what kind of off-brand junk he could give me. He hands me a tube of Vagisil over his shoulder while he is rummaging and says “Try this.”

“Um dude, you trying to call me a wuss or something?”

His reply was “No, but it’s like the same thing. Rashes grow in dark moist areas.”

“Dude, I’m pretty sure you just compared my ass to a woman’s vagina?”

So, I still have a little rash but the stuff I bought myself at the PX is making it go away. I also told all my Sub Contract Workers that if I ever get hurt to drive me to the army hospital instead of the KBR clinic like they are suppose to.

10 Days....

WHoo-Raa
Worst Dust Storm Yet
It's a Texas thing?
Big White
Day After

Trash Sorting buddies


Big Mama Jamma













2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like they would be better off having a mommy kiss everyones boo boo's. So sad..anyone with half a brain knows vagaga problems have nothing to do with the "dark"...geez

petoskystone said...

congrats on the scholarship!! scary wanna-be medic--the gerbil in his head must have stopped running that wheel some time ago.