Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Personnel Alignment and Reduction (PAR) Implementation"

Finally a minute to write a blog; life here has suddenly become a game of “beat the clock.” Everyday we have some new deadline to meet, some new requirement to write and another idiot to contend with. This may be my last month, but I will probably do more work in it then I did my first 6 months on base (I was kinda hoping to sit back and take it easy). I can’t believe how far the military has gone to turn on us. The inspectors were told, “Go to town.” In other words, try and nail them for everything you can. Part of it is that the contract is going to end; another is that the Air Force has its own contract system that they rather use and finally, they seem to like it.

The Captain I have been dealing with seems to be the worst of them all. Instead of knowing and looking up regulations she just walks though areas and makes things up as she goes and hopes she gets us for something. This causes me to spend a few hours a day proving her wrong and providing my area’s with proof so they will stop freaking out.

The reason they are freaking out is that today they started a round of firing. The big bosses are literally going office to office, pulling certain people out, and telling them to pack there things. The memo today said 200 people by tomorrow will be told “see ya!” They even arranged for extra planes for the occasion and are setting up a Post Office in KBR camp so people can send there things home. So, understandably, people are now dying to know how to stay in compliance (or just saying F*@k it).

Many of the people left here are being demoted down a position but are still doing the same job. It goes without saying that things here are a major Cluster-F*@$.

On the bright side of things, the first of June finally came. That date meant 30 days left for me and a day off to relax. It was a nice time at the outdoor pool. We were there all day long, 11am to 8pm. We relaxed, swam, ate, I couldn’t have asked for a better day. Especially with the way things are right now. Below are some pictures of the fun. I would like to point out that that high dive was probably the scariest thing I have done in a long time. It is like jumping off the peak of a two story house, I got tunnel vision every time I climbed that ladder. The worst part is you can actually hurt yourself if you don’t jump right! (I did fine mom).

Even better, I got to hang out with my friend’s buddy from Colorado at the pool. He makes the biggest splashes.


Which way to the pool?
I think it's over "HERE"
Relaxing
Game of Shoes, yes my team won.
Grilling- Motha Trucker
Big Boy Jump

AHHHHHHHH

(...O Sh*t...)

GRRRRRR




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys look like you had a blast, but I'm sorry things are still so tough. You are really gettin' buff there son...lookin good, and I certainly wouldn't worry about you jumping off the high dive after watching you jump off the roof here! (how soon you forget)

petoskystone said...

can't believe how the military has turned on you? being a military brat, i can. sorry to hear that you & your guys are on the recieving end. nice pool!